Running a blog is a challenge for anyone. Isn’t that the understatement of the year? Are you trying to create informative and authoritative content to monetize your blog?
Bloggers do many things to generate income on their websites. Many sites use affiliate marketing, run Google Ads, sell courses, and even sponsor posts for prominent brands. But what if annoying ads aren’t your thing?
In that case, you should stir up organic traffic on your landing pages. This means posting up to three to four times a week or updating several of your posts. For larger blogs, posting up to five times a week is ideal.
Everyone is after organic traffic because it helps SEO. What if your goal is to build brand awareness instead? Whether you’re running a small or large blog, posting up to four times a week is standard.
You’ll also need to diversify your content. And now, let’s discuss the other 20 items you need to make your blog successful.
Just kidding, but also – not really.
Managing a blog alone can be overwhelming for freelancers and small teams. People want to publish as much optimized content as possible. Those who do usually turn to AI tools to help them.
And that’s fine. One more time – AI-generated content is okay to use.
How can you guarantee original ideas in a bustling crowd of masquerading originals that look legitimate? Life has no guarantees, but with AI content detectors, you can encourage individualism in everything you write. Ready to discover some of the most reliable AI detectors out there?
Keep reading this post to learn about AI content detectors, why they are important, and which ones you should try in 2024.
Here’s What You Need to Know About AI Content Detectors
The recent explosion of AI content writers has lowered the quality of content itself. We can assume that organizations will question whether their website will suffer penalties simply because they used AI tools.
Do You Need AI Writing Detectors?
Here’s what everybody wants to know but may not say: Do you need AI content detectors?
Will search engines like Google penalize content creators for using AI tools? It’s highly doubtful and extremely hypocritical if they did.
Duplicate content, as Google calls it, comes from repeated ideas repackaged by sophisticated AI models and writing tools. This explanation is incredibly simplified, and you should check Google’s guidelines for spammy content. With new AI content detection tools coming online everyday, it doesn’t make sense for search engines to focus on banning AI.
Some experts suggest that search engines already use intelligent AI to detect and demote spammy content. As of October 2023, Google’s improved the search engine’s ability to fight spam or target misleading content. The changes even target spammy multilingual content or sites that deliberately fool the system.
Now is the perfect time to use an AI content detector tool to filter out low-quality posts. Suppose you’re solo and relied on AI tools to create music content more in the past – no harm done. You can use AI content detectors to highlight your site’s thin site content.
Then, you can use those insights to improve the user experience. You can explore different angles, overturn past conclusions, or inject more EEAT to boost the informative significance.
How Using AI Detectors Correctly Offers Benefits
Many content writers hate AI detectors because people misuse them. The truth is we can misuse anything. You can over-optimize an article and over-edit a blog.
You can add too much sugar to your coffee. Regardless, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. You should use AI content detectors to make your content better and ensure your future.
You need AI detectors to create evergreen content that beats spamming guidelines. Many companies take advantage of AI tools because they see their value. A business trying to inject authority into their work must think critically.
In some ways, humans and AI content detectors are the same. They both make mistakes. False positives and false negatives happen when using AI content detectors.
So, the best path forward requires a healthy dose of skepticism. AI detectors aren’t perfect. If you work with freelance writers, turn off the AI alarms.
Grade your written content with your natural bullshit detectors. Ingest a healthy dose of skepticism and use AI detectors to highlight duplicate content.
Why Should Your Business Use AI Content Detector Tools?
Everyone should practice humility and empathy. Both content creators and their clients must understand that these detectors aren’t perfect. Creators must realize that businesses constantly read and write about the disadvantages of AI-generated content.
No one wants their hard work, time, and money to go to waste. Content writers must gain some perspective and put themselves in someone else’s shoes. Businesses should remain open-minded and explore the value AI can bring to the table.
In other words, everyone should work together to produce resources that engage the end user. AI content detectors are a way to accomplish that goal. Creators who use AI tools should receive the same treatment as those who don’t.
Google clarified its stance on auto-generated, spammy content. The same rules should apply to writers who create low-quality, keyword-stuffed articles. Anyone can do the same with or without AI tools.
Ok, let’s not muddy the waters. Your forward-thinking blog should use AI writing detectors for several reasons:
- Saves Time and Money: Would you want to waste money on half a sandwich when you paid for a full one? Of course not, that’s criminal. You can root out duplicate, surface-level content and find the hidden gems (sandwiches) that provide value to your readers.
- SEO Advantage: We know duplicate content can hurt rankings. Ensure it exceeds spam guidelines and improves your search engine rankings.
- Better User Experience: By helping you provide unique content to your readers, AI content detectors help enhance the user experience.
- Builds Trust: People want authentic content because it helps build trust with their audience. It also positions them as an authority.
- Protects Your Reputation: Has someone accused you of stealing content? How about that feeling when someone accuses you of sending them AI-generated content? After spending hours researching, writing, and optimizing, neither feels good. Whether true or not, it’s a PR nightmare.
If you fine-tuned your business to a niche in your industry, unique content is a requirement. With AI content detectors to support you, there’s no mystery about what you produce. If anything, the best AI content detectors separate the good content.
How Do AI Content Detectors Work?
So, let’s say you want to try some AI writing detectors yourself. How can these tools separate AI content vs. human content? If you understand how AI content generators work, you know they use advanced machine learning and natural language processing.
With massive training datasets, companies train AI models on countless blogs, articles, and other rewritten content. The goal is for the model to recognize patterns. Once the AI model recognizes patterns, it can reasonably identify AI-generated content.
We can assume the trained model detects specific traits in AI-generated work. AI detectors may notice:
- Some Repetition
- Patterns in Sentence Structure
- The Frequency of Common Words
- Sentence Length
- Lack of Context or Human Nuance
An AI detector is like a highly skilled linguist with an exceptional knack for decoding forgotten languages. But instead of finding ancient texts, they are revealing AI content where it doesn’t need to be. Remember, while they study every phrase, sentence, and paragraph, they can’t see it all.
It also depends on what AI content detector you use to scan your content.
Originality AI Detector
In the spirit of transparency and accountability, Originality.ai provides a resource that harnesses the power of technology to make AI content detection less stressful. This AI detector isn’t like the others that take too long to scan your content. Originality AI is fast, accurate, and becoming quite the favorite.
This real-time detection tool is valuable to those who need to efficiently verify their posts’ authenticity. Protecting your integrity is crucial in this digital age. Fortunately, content marketers and AI experts who deeply understand content writers run the show.
Originality.ai focuses on web publishers, businesses, and freelancers, not students. The AI tool has an impressive track record of 99% accuracy on GPT-4 models and 83% on ChatGPT(GPT-4 powered). It outpaces other AI detection tools across other LLM platforms like:
- GPT 3.5
- Llama 2
- Claude 2
- Baidu’s Ernie
Along with its flagship AI Plagiarism Checker, it offers additional features like Fact Checker and Readability Checker. Originality AI doesn’t have a free trial or an ad-supported option. Its AI algorithms use NLP models that require heavy computing power.
Key Features of Originality AI
- All-in-One AI Tool: What’s better than an AI content detector – a robust platform with a Plagiarism Checker, a Fact Checker, and a Readability Checker?
- A User-Friendly API Tool: Powerful tools are great to have. But they provide more value when you can take them with you. Originality AI’s API lets you merge their product with your workflows for better efficiency and capability.
- Easy Team Management: With remote work still alive and well, hybrid teams need flexibility. Originality AI has an easy-to-use dashboard and simple team-based features. Manage team members, see their activity, and manage access to important documents.
- Pay-As-You-Go: One-time fee of $30
- Base Subscription: $14.95/mo – additional credits at 0.01/credit
Cons of Originality AI
- No free trial to test out the features
- Limited plan options
- No multilingual support, only English AI detection
Why You Should Use Originality AI
- The AI tool is an all-in-one option to cut costs for freelancers and small businesses that want high-quality work.
- The tool has shareable reports to help ease client concerns about your work.
Copyleaks AI Content Detector
Are you an academic that needs to know the AI content from content written by a human? With Copyleaks, educators and institutions get a user-friendly AI content detector. Through their website, Copyleak’s AI-based analyzer filters written content through a sieve that tests the submitted work.
It detects AI-generated academic content and helps users find different AI-driven content affecting their work. Copyleaks claims an impressive accuracy rate of 99.1% with its detailed AI model coverage, including GPT-4 and Bard.
Copyleaks also attempts to expand its use cases by offering the capability to identify AI-generated source code from platforms like GitHub Copilot and ChatGPT. So, developers and coders can rest easy knowing they can check on product originality for licensed code.
Whether you’re an educator or producing whitepapers for marketing, Copyleaks AI Content Detector is invaluable in ensuring originality.
Key Features of Copyleaks
- Detects AI Content in Different Languages: The AI content detector supports 30 languages to cater to a diverse customer base. It provides valuable insights by highlighting specific elements of human-written text and those generated by AI.
- Easy to Integrate the Tool: Academics can breathe a sigh of relief as Copyleaks provide the option for integration. Use it in Canvas, Blackboard, and Brightspace to hold students accountable.
- Strict Data Governance and Protection: As our technology evolves, so do data threats. Without solid security measures, data breaches become more common. With military-grade security, GDPR compliance, and SOC2 certification, users can trust Copyleaks for their content integrity needs.
- Free Forever Plan
- 500 Pages: $40.99/mo – Each page is 250 words a piece
- 1,000 Pages: $75.99/mo – Each page is 250 words a piece
Cons of Copyleaks
- More expensive than other AI tools
- Much slower at analyzing content
- No URL scanning capabilities
Why You Should Use Copyleaks
- A free and user-friendly tool to test how AI content detectors work
- Suitable for agencies who need to check suspected weak contractor work
Is Winston AI the AI content detector freelancers and small teams can count on? Winston’s creators didn’t want to limit the tool, so they created something for writers, website owners, and educators. Out of the other options, Winston provides the most user-friendly dashboard.
When you need to check content quickly without using a dashboard with a thousand options – think Winston AI. With an impressive 99.6% accuracy, it can help you critique AI-generated content. This advanced tool can detect AI content from popular models like Bard, ChatGPT, and GPT-4.
But it doesn’t stop there. Winston AI also lets users choose between a quick scan or uploading documents in DOCX, PNG, or JPG format and scanning those. You can collaborate on a piece of content, too.
Winston AI generates shareable PDF reports to help you track the project. While it doesn’t happen as often, Winston AI stays up-to-date with every notable LLM update. If you ever need to extract text from scanned documents or images, Winston has your back.
With OCR technology, you can expertly pull text from scanned documents or photos. Winston AI checks all the boxes, delivering accuracy, convenience, and valuable insights.
Key Features of Winston AI
- Plagiarism Checker: Whether unwilling or sneaky, plagiarism is still rampant. Using Winston, you can guarantee your content is unique.
- Get a Readability Score: Your content’s readability score can affect SEO and your site’s rank. Also, readability concerns the complexity of your work, ensuring that it speaks to the right audience.
- Simple AI Content Scoring: Sometimes people want more of something. In some ways, minor details matter. Get an easy 0-100 scoring grade to understand the level of AI generation in your Content.
- Free Forever Plan
- Essential: $18/mo
- Advanced: $29/mo
Cons of Winston AI
- Limited language support (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and German)
- No advanced plagiarism detection until the Advanced plan
- No teams until the Advanced plan.
Why You Should Use Winston AI
- It works well for freelancers doing gig work on Upwork, Fiverr, and Contra.
- Winston is more affordable overall.
- Works best for a broad industry base
We get it. Sometimes, you have to look at other options before purchasing or using something. With AI writing tools popping up left and right, you should expect to check for AI content.
Still, AI-generated content is becoming more human-like every day. In the spirit of skepticism, writers should reasonably guarantee that the final draft is original. Your content has to have that unique personal touch that distinguishes it as a captivating story.
AI content writing tools can be in your process without destroying originality. Here are three alternatives that deserve recognition:
Nobody wants a false accusation of using AI-generated content. But it could happen. A recent study of GPT detectors discovered a potential bias against non-native English writers.
Unfortunately, one common issue with AI tools is the potential for inherent bias. Discrimination happens because of the training data companies use to fine-tune their model. Such discrimination is hard to scrub, so it will sometimes leak through.
Although, some AI detection companies are trying to solve this issue. Take Undetectable.ai, a one-of-a-kind tool with a dual purpose. It allows users to scan and detect AI-generated content.
When it finds some, it lets writers “humanize” the AI-generated parts. This process helps it remain undetectable by other AI detectors. Undetectable.ai also has custom readability and purpose settings.
Here, you can effortlessly align your intended message with the tool.
Transform AI-generated sections into content that can blend in, bypassing detection and keeping your work authentic. Although this seems helpful, carefully monitor how this tool works to ensure you’re not “fooling” search engines. Try it today for $64 a month for a modest 80,000 words.
Writer AI Content Detector
Writer.com is an all-in-one platform that enhances your writing style. It goes beyond being an AI assistant by including many useful features. With the AI Content Detector, you can easily find AI-generated content and improve its value.
This platform is a comprehensive solution for your content creation process. It works better for bigger teams and businesses. Unfortunately, the AI detector tool is only available as part of the all-in-one platform.
Still, Writers serves as a valuable toolset for serious writers. With their tools, you can stay true to your brand voice and give your clients peace of mind. Try it today for $18 a month per user.
Should You Use Free AI Content Detectors
The debate over AI content detectors is contentious. You could say the same about using free AI detectors vs. paid solutions. A recent report estimates that about 90% of content will be synthetically generated by 2026.
In some ways, the need for AI content detectors is more of a necessity than a suggestion. When deciding between a paid or free option, it’s best to look past the subscription price. Free is nice, but you can make a case for either choice.
Instead, consider these limitations on free AI content detectors:
- Limited Features: As the saying goes, “You get what you pay for.” With a free option, you could be missing important features like a plagiarism detector.
- Data Privacy Issues: Take some time and research the company hosting the free tool. Data privacy can be a concern, especially with free tools fueled by ads and not your subscriptions.
- Slow Performance: Slowdowns can happen because of higher server loads or glitches. Many things could slow the tool’s progress. You may have to try a few more times to avoid delaying essential projects.
- False Conclusions: Paid tools usually have rigorous updates and algorithm changes. Free tools could use inaccurate data or old GPT algorithms.
Every AI detection tool comes with the disclaimer that they aren’t 100% accurate. But you’re more likely to see recurring issues and more false positives and negatives with a free option.
As we navigate the digital realm, the ability to discern authentic, original content from AI-generated material becomes increasingly crucial. Utilizing AI content detectors is no longer a mere luxury; it’s a necessity. These tools can transform our world, influencing how we interact with content and preserving creativity in the vast sea of digital narratives.
Intrigued by the transformative power of AI tools? Don’t stop here. Head to our blog for a deep dive into how AI changes our lives. Explore, learn, and engage with us as we unlock the potential of AI together. Stay ahead of the curve, maintain your originality, and let’s discover the future of AI, one blog post at a time.